Nielsen has an exceptional webinar floating about the internet at the moment – State of Social Media 2011. In the U.S., social networks and blogs reach nearly 80 percent of active U.S. Internet users and represent the majority of Americans’ time online. As the social media landscape continues to grow, it’s crucial for traditional media, retailers, brands and advertisers to understand how different consumer segments use and share content.
This webinar takes an in-depth look at the latest social media trends including:
- Impact of social media on the consumer and their purchasing behavior
- Demographics of social media
- Social media landscape and platforms that are driving engagement
- Trends in mobile usage across social media platforms
- Relationship between social media and brands – How many social networkers follow a brand vs a celebrity?