Level Nine Sports, where families ski and ride...
 

 advertise with indeep media

Derryn Hinch to Face Contempt Charge Over Jill Meagher

Posted: April 8th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , | Comments Off on Derryn Hinch to Face Contempt Charge Over Jill Meagher

Derryn Hinch to Face Contempt Charge Over Jill MeagherMy old buddy and former talkback radio host Derryn Hinch is to be charged with contempt of court for a third time. Supreme Court justice Geoffrey Nettle has ordered that Mr Hinch be charged with contempt for the publication of an article on his blog – The Human Headline – over Jill Meagher’s killer Adrian Bayley.

The judge ruled the blog breached strict non-publication orders put in place last week, after Bayley pleaded guilty to the murder of Ms Meagher. Derryn Hinch used Twitter to announce that he would not appear in court. 41 year old Adrian Bayley has pleaded guilty to last Septembers rape and murder of 29 year old ABC staffer Jill Meagher in Melbourne, initially he had entered a plea of Not Guilty.

In 2011, Hinch was ordered to serve five months home detention for contempt. In 1985 he served 12 days in jail for the same offence.

“Justice Nettle orders I be charged with contempt of court over editorial on Jill Meagher case. Methinks I’ll be the media whipping boy.” Mr Hinch said via Twitter.

bayley had been due to stand trial on September 30 for the ABC employee’s murder before dramatically changing his plea. The father of four was remanded to appear on June 11. Justice Nettle had suppressed all details of Bailey’s last appearance, including his interview with police. The only exception the judge allowed was that media could report the mans guilty plea.

For a full rundown on Mr Hinch’s latest antics check: www.theage.com.au For a complete/local rundown of Ms Meagher’s tragic story checkwww.theage.com.au/jill_meagher

CORRECTION! 24 April 2013: My Old Buddy – Derryn Hinch was my boss, not my buddy, apologies.


Ebay Australia Helps Snare Welfare Cheats

Posted: March 20th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on Ebay Australia Helps Snare Welfare Cheats

Ebay.au Helps Trap Welfare FraudData from online trading site eBay.com.au has helped Australia’s Government welfare agency, Centrelink, catch out social security recipients who are not declaring big profits from internet sales. Centrelink has cleverly compared its payment records with the activity of nearly 20,000 people who are running profitable eBay businesses.

The government agency identified 25 people who must repay close to $AU900,000 in welfare payments they weren’t entitled to. Centrelink general manager Hank Jongen said some matters had been referred to the director of public prosecutions, but no charges have yet been laid.

Welfare fraud costs Australia more than $AU600 million a year, the Australian Institute of Criminolgy – AIC – says welfare fraud is difficult to measure because it falls outside the two main crime measures of incidents reported to police and victim experience surveys. The AIC says the UK department responsible for social welfare estimated in 2009 that more than two percent of all benefit expenditures, or £3 billion a year, was fraudulently claimed :: Read the full article »»»»


MORE INDIAN RAPE! Swiss Tourist Raped By Six Indian Men

Posted: March 17th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , , | Comments Off on MORE INDIAN RAPE! Swiss Tourist Raped By Six Indian Men

MORE INDIAN RAPE

Indian Police say six men have been arrested over the gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in central India, in an incident that has renewed focus on the rampant violence against women in India.

The woman was on a cycling holiday with her husband in the impoverished Madhya Pradesh state when six men attacked the couple on Friday night, sexually assaulting the woman, bashing the man, and robbing the pair. Concern remains high in India over the safety and status of women and girls in the nation of 1.2 billion. According to government statistics, one women is raped in the country every 20 minutes.

The Swiss foreign ministry in Bern released a statement on Saturday expressing deep shock at the “tragic incident”. The attack comes just three months after thousands took to the streets in nationwide protests following the fatal gang-rape of a 23-year-old student on a bus in New Delhi in December last year.In 2003, a 36-year-old female Swiss diplomat was abducted in the car park of a popular New Delhi auditorium, driven away by two men and raped. :: Read the full article »»»»


Australian Federal Police Break Major Child Abuse Network

Posted: March 14th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on Australian Federal Police Break Major Child Abuse Network

AFP Cybercrime Unit Cracks Major Australian Paedophile Ring

It’s a much smaller world for Australian paedophiles today. No longer safe behind their hideous little peer-2-peer networks, Australian Federal Police – AFP – say they’ve smashed a major child-sex-abuse network of online predators, arresting 21 people from around Australia this week.

AFP commenced Operation Conqueror in January, investigating the production, sharing and distribution of child abuse material – video and images –  on the internet.

AFP, state and territory police officers carried out 36 search warrants in every state and territory as part of the operation, and arrested 21 people, with a further 6 still being sought for questioning.

“The material that’s been seized can only be classed as abhorrent and personally disgusting,” AFP Cyber Crimes operations manager Glen McEwan said. “Tackling this heinous crime is a key focus for the AFP.”

Hundreds of thousands of images and videos were seized in the raids, Mr McEwan said that one property raided had 26 hard drives – ranging in size from 500GB-2TB – filled with illegal images and videos.

Mr McEwan called on the community to continue passing on information and assistance in prosecuting crimes against children.  He says as even though technology evolves allowing criminals to change their techniques, it is just a matter of time before online predators will be caught. Mr McEwan said the images seized were both locally and internationally produced :: Read the full article »»»»


CHINA Cracks Down On PORN!

Posted: February 11th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on CHINA Cracks Down On PORN!

China's Porn CrackdownMore than fifty websites, blogs and microblog accounts have been shut down over the past week in China, not a huge number right?  it is if your a pornster in China, in it’s latest round of crackdowns on online porn the government’s State Internet Information Office – SIIO – said the websites were closed for posting pornographic images, articles, films, amateur videos, online ads for prostitutes.

The SIIO was setup in May 2011, and is the  online branch of the überpowerful State Council Information Office, the communist states censorship office. China’s Internet, with the world’s largest number of users – more than 450 million – is a booming industry, attracting investors and government agencies hoping for a stake in online revenues through licensing and regulation.

The National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications said Tuesday that nearly 1.8 million websites had been checked since the launch of the campaign, and 2,195 cases of dissemination of online pornography have been dealt with.

The office received more than 160,000 porn-related tip-offs from the general public and paid out about more than $AU75,000/¥500,000 to around 5oo informants. Companies and government departments also joined in the campaign. As part of the sting, China Mobile organized 20 employees – mothers of teenagers – to assist with monitoring and reporting mobile sites :: Read the full article »»»»